From tips and tricks to a delicious lemon glaze, let us show you how to make the perfect vegan flax carrot raisin muffins
Vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins w/Lemon Glaze…that is a mouthful! Every now and then I like to incorporate a healthy dessert into my cooking. These muffins tasted a little too healthy to be called dessert so they became breakfast! Although they did have a healthy taste they were utterly delicious. I had on hand some pre-cut carrots and lemons so I gathered up some basics ingredients to whip up these Carrot Raisin Muffins with a lemon glaze. I ate almost half the Lemon glaze with a spoon out of the bowl! Oh, but the best part about these Muffins are that they are Vegan! Yay for Vegan Recipes!
Cook Eat Delicious Rating: Any Home Cook will be comfortable baking up a batch of these Muffins. This Carrot Raisin Muffin easy recipe can interchange the main veggie with zucchini or anything you like. They come out so delicious. I preferred them better warm while the Lemon Glaze would ooze down the sides. You can bake this recipe as a bread loaf as well and freeze an extra for future eating. I will definitely keep this recipe on for future breakfast muffins.
Vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins
- 2 cups carrots grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup lemon zest freshly grated, loosely packed
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin pan or lightly oil & flour.
- In a medium bowl combine carrot, flax, syrup, soy milk, oil, vanilla, vinegar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Combine in raisins and pecans.
- Distribute evenly among muffin liners and bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins out of pan on a wire rack.
- Make glaze by whisking powdered sugar and lemon juice together, use more or less of each as needed.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.
Tips And Tricks For The Perfect Vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffin
There’s nothing like a warm, fluffy vegan flax carrot raisin muffin, and this recipe is perfect for anyone looking for an easy and delicious way to enjoy them. Preparing these muffins is easy – all you need are a few ingredients and some kitchen skills. We’ll outline the steps that you need to take in order to make the perfect vegan flax carrot raisin muffin, from whisking together the vegan flax egg mixture to baking them in the oven.
- Before beginning, prepare the vegan flax egg mixture by whisking together dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and ground flax. Next, mix in wet ingredients including melted coconut oil, almond milk, and agave nectar. Finally, fold in carrots and raisins before spooning them into the prepared muffin tin. Be sure to bake them at 350F for 25 minutes or until they’re golden brown and bubbly. For an extra special touch on your vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins, try topping them with a lemon glaze made of powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice, and almond milk. Enjoy!
- If you have made these delicious Vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins and would like to share your recipe with us or give some helpful tips on how to make them even better, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below or email us at email@example.com!
FAQs About Vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins
Do you love the flavor of raisins and carrots? If so, you’ll love these vegan flax carrot raisin muffins! They’re easy to make, and they come together quickly in a blender or food processor. Plus, they are filled with healthy ingredients that provide nutritional value and plenty of antioxidants.
FAQs About Vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins:
- – What are the ingredients needed to make vegan flax carrot raisin muffins?
- – Do the muffins have a sweet flavor?
- – Are the muffins gluten free?
- – Do the muffins contain eggs?
- – Can I make them dairy free?
- – Can I make them nut free?
- – What flavors of vegan flax carrot raisin muffin can I make?
Answer: The ingredients needed to make vegan flax carrot raisin muffins are ground up flax seeds, water, olive oil or vegetable oil, grated carrots, and salt. Some variations may also include apple cider vinegar or lemon juice for added flavor. All of these ingredients are easily found in most grocery stores. The sugar used in these muffins is optional – if you want them to be healthier, you can omit it altogether. Finally, all of these recipes call for baking powder and baking soda – which are both optional as well (although we recommend using them).
Baking Tips: When making these vegan flax carrot raisin muffins, it is important to follow some important tips. For example, preheat your oven before beginning to bake the muffins so that they come out perfectly every time. Additionally, do not overmix the batter – if there are lumps present in the batter, they will become visible when baked. And last but not least – try not to overfill your cups or molds; this will result in tough and dry cakes.
Health Benefits of Ingredients Used In These Vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins: Amongst other things, these delicious vegan flax carrot raisin muffins are high in fiber (which is great for keeping you regular) as well as vitamin A (essential for eye health), vitamin C (essential for collagen production), potassium (for fuel during activity), calcium (for strong bones), magnesium (for nerve function), folate (a key antioxidant), and manganese (important for DNA synthesis). In addition to their nutritional value however – what really makes these muffin stand out is their taste! Not only do they taste delicious – but.
The Best Ways To Serve And Enjoy Your Vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins
Are you looking for a delicious, healthy way to enjoy your muffins? If so, you’re in luck! This recipe is perfect for anyone looking to add some plant-based goodness to their breakfast routine. Not only are these muffins delicious, but they’re also packed with nutrients and antioxidants.
- Adding flax and carrots to your baking can not only make your muffins more nutritious, but they can also give them a distinct flavor that’s hard to resist. Plus, these ingredients are both high in fiber which will keep you feeling full long after eating them. In addition, these muffins are cholesterol free and low in sugar – perfect for those on the keto diet or people who are looking to cut down on their sugar intake.
- Instructions for making these vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins are as follows: preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before beginning preparations. Then, mix together the wet ingredients (flaxseed meal, water, almond milk) in a bowl before mixing in the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, salt). Once everything is combined well, divide the batter among 12 lined muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Once baked, let cool completely before topping with Lemon Glaze and/or any other desired toppings. Finally – enjoy! These vegan Flax Carrot Raisin Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 2 days.