Indulge in the classic pairing of yellow cake and chocolate buttercream for a delicious dessert experience – explore the ingredients, instructions, and creative ways to decorate with our blog post – click now!
I love love love cake. Something about it is so comforting, satisfying, and just makes me feel like the world is okay. But then I eat the whole thing and well, still feel good! My DH and I used to be addicted to boxed yellow cake and a tub of chocolate frosting. It was our go-to dessert when we were craving sweet. Plus, box cakes are such an easy delicious recipe to make. We would go to the store and buy 4 items, yellow boxed cake, chocolate frosting, milk, and vanilla ice cream. Milk for my DH to drink and ice cream for me to eat with my cake.
Then one day I got to thinking, “I make all these other cakes from scratch and they taste so much better than a box mix, why not make a yellow cake from scratch with a chocolate buttercream?” It was a ‘Duh’ moment for sure. To illustrate how good this cake & buttercream frosting, the delicious rating will include photos.
Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Greas and flour 2 round cake pans.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt together in one bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs well one at a time.
- Add in vanilla.
- Mix in ⅓ of the flour mixture.
- Mix in half the milk.
- Mix in an additional ⅓ of the flour mixture.
- Mix in the remaining milk.
- Mix in remaining flour mixture just until combined.
- Pour evenly into cake pans and bake for 27-30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan before inverting them on a rack.
- Prepare frosting by creaming butter.
- Sift powdered sugar and cocoa powder together and add to butter little by little until combined.
- Mix in vanilla, salt, and milk and beat creamy for about 4 minutes.
- Add more sugar or milk depending on the consistency.
- Frost one cake layer, add second on top, frost whole cake.
Creative Ways To Decorate Your Dessert
There’s no wrong way to enjoy a dessert – as long as you enjoy the flavor and presentation of your chosen dish. Whether you’re looking for a classic pairing like yellow cake and chocolate frosting, or you’re feeling experimental and want to try something new, these tips will help.
Match your cake and frosting flavors for a classic combination. Whether you’re using vanilla or chocolate frosting, it’s important to use flavors that go well together. Playing with different textures can also add extra excitement to your dessert. Try fluffy meringue layers topped with crunchy nuts or chocolate shavings, for example.
Experiment with different textures of frosting. If you’re in the mood for something on the sweeter side, try fluffy whipped cream frostings or even marshmallow Frosting. For something more savory, try a tangy cream cheese Frosting or a rich butterscotch Frosting made with caramel sauce.
Use chocolate shavings, sprinkles or nuts to create extra decorations on top of your frosted desserts. Add some fun texture and flavor combinations by using these various toppings sparingly – just enough to give your dessert an extra pop of flavor without becoming overwhelming. You can also use these ingredients to create unique shapes like stars or hearts on top of your cake (or cupcakes).
Add color to your dessert by using colorful fondant accents on top of your finished cakes and cupcakes. This edible material is available in many different colors and can be easily shaped into any design that you desire using cookie cutters (or even food coloring!). For an extra special touch, why not use fresh flowers as part of your decoration? They look beautiful both fresh and preserved in sugar syrup!
Tips for making Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream
When it comes to baking a yellow cake, there are a few key tips to keep in mind.
- First, be sure to use fresh, high-quality ingredients. This will ensure that your cake is moist and flavorful.
- Second, be sure to correctly measure the ingredients. This will help to prevent your cake from being too dense or too light.
- Third, be sure to properly grease and flour the baking pan. This will help to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan and ensure that it cooks evenly.
- Finally, be sure to bake the cake until it is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
When it comes to making chocolate buttercream, there are a few key tips to keep in mind.
- First, be sure to use high-quality chocolate. This will ensure that the buttercream is rich and flavorful.
- Second, be sure to correctly measure the ingredients. This will help to prevent the buttercream from being too runny or too thick.
- Third, be sure to properly cream the butter and chocolate together. This will ensure that the buttercream is smooth and creamy.
- Finally, be sure to taste the buttercream and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
FAQs about the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream
What is the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream?
The Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream is a delicious cake that is perfect for any occasion. This cake is made with a yellow cake mix, chocolate buttercream frosting, and chocolate chips. This cake is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it!
How do I make the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream?
To make the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream, you will need a yellow cake mix, chocolate buttercream frosting, and chocolate chips. First, make the cake mix according to the package directions. Then, spread the chocolate buttercream frosting over the top of the cake. Finally, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the cake.
Can I use a different cake mix for the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream?
Yes, you can use a different cake mix for the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream. However, you may need to adjust the amount of frosting and chocolate chips that you use.
Can I use a different frosting for the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream?
Yes, you can use a different frosting for the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream. However, you may need to adjust the amount of chocolate chips that you use.
What is the best way to store the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream?
The best way to store the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream is in an airtight container. This will help to keep the cake fresh and moist.