There is nothing better than a warm bread with lemon glaze. This Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread with Lemon Glaze recipe combines some great flavors: lemon, raisins, and sweetness of the carrot. It is semi-healthy…maybe, but delicious none-the-less. I usually have to make two batches of glaze because I eat the first one while waiting for the bread to cool.
CookEatDelicious Rating: This is an easy recipe to make ahead for breakfast or a day’s snack. The bread stays together quite nicely and the carrots, raisins, and pecans are a nice addition. You can add walnuts if you would rather have that instead of pecans. Soak the raisins in some liquor for a little grown up flavor!
Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread with Lemon Glaze
- 1½ cup Raisins chopped
- ½ stick of Butter softened
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground Cloves
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1½ cup carrots finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup Lemon juice fresh & divided in half
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter & flour 2 loaf pans.
- Prep ingredients.
Chop up the raisins so that they are not so chunky inside the bread. I used a chef knife but you can run them through the food processor until you reach the size you like.
- Beat butter and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, half the lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together and add into batter mixture.
- Stir in carrots, pecans, and raisins.
- Pour into loaf pans and bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and turn up on a wire rack.
- Whisk remaining lemon juice with enough powdered sugar to form a glaze.
- Pour glaze on loaves.
Tips for making the Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread with Lemon Glaze
Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread is a delicious and healthy treat that is perfect for breakfast, snacks, or even dessert! Here are some tips for making the perfect loaf:
- -Start by grating the carrots into thin strips. If you have a food processor, this step will be a breeze!
- -Soak the raisins in hot water for about 10 minutes to plump them up before adding them to the batter.
- -For a little extra zing, add the zest of a lemon to the batter.
- -Bake the bread in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- -Allow the bread to cool slightly before slicing and enjoy!
FAQs about the Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread
1. What are the ingredients in the Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread?
The Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread contains flour, sugar, carrots, raisins, lemon juice, and baking powder.
2. How do I make the Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread?
To make the Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread, mix together the flour, sugar, carrots, raisins, lemon juice, and baking powder. Then, bake the mixture in a loaf pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes.
3. Can I freeze the Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread?
Yes, the Lemon Carrot Raisin Bread can be frozen. To do so, wrap the bread in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw the bread at room temperature or in the microwave.