I think muffins are great. I love them for breakfast when I am on the go. They can’t be dry though because I usually don’t have something to drink when I am eating on the go. This easy recipe for muffins is great for on the go moist muffins. They are pumpkin with spice and something else very nice…Oatmeal! Oatmeal is my new baking secret ingredient. It makes everything super moist without an overpowering oatmeal taste. Most of the times nobody can even taste oatmeal at all, including myself!
CookEatDelicious.Com Rating: Love, love, love these muffins. They are not too sweet but not that bland type of muffin either. The spices with the pumpkin are right on. I love it all! I make regular size muffins to freeze and mini muffins to just eat every time I walk by the kitchen. Ha! Try this recipe and let me know how it works out for you!
Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 29 ounce can of Pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin or use liners.
- In a large bowl add in pumpkin, eggs, and oil. Combine.
- Add to pumpkin mixture the sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and the rest of the spices.
- Mix in flour and oatmeal. Add in extra oats if the batter is too thin.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Tips for making Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin and oatmeal are a classic fall flavor combination, and these oatmeal pumpkin muffins are the perfect way to enjoy them! These muffins are moist and fluffy, with just the right amount of sweetness. And they’re so easy to make! Here are some tips for making the perfect oatmeal pumpkin muffins:
- – Start with good quality ingredients. Use fresh pumpkin puree, and make sure your spices are fresh as well. This will make a big difference in the flavor of your muffins.
- – Be careful not to overmix the batter. Overmixing can make your muffins tough. Just mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- – Fill your muffin cups all the way to the top. This will give you nice, tall muffins with nice, rounded tops.
- – Bake the muffins until they’re golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. This will ensure that your muffins are cooked through.
Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to end up with delicious, perfect oatmeal pumpkin muffins!
FAQs about the Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins
1. Can I make the Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins without the oatmeal?
Yes, you can make the Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins without the oatmeal. However, the oatmeal adds a nice texture and flavor to the muffins.
2. Do I have to use fresh pumpkin puree for the Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins?
No, you don’t have to use fresh pumpkin puree for the Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins. You can use canned pumpkin puree or even pumpkin pie filling.
3. Can I make the Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins ahead of time. They will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.