Lemon. Raspberry. The ultimate bread couple. Add some lemon glaze and Watch Out! Deliciousness is on the way!
I made this delicious easy recipe for bread when we were going out of town for a few days. I always make some type of bread for road-trips and hotel stays. The bread stayed great wrapped and was the perfect snack throughout the day.
Delicious Rating: Although the bread tasted good it fell apart to easily. Also, all the raspberries sunk to the bottom while baking. I didn’t like that the bottom was basically berries. Of course the lemon glaze was delicious. Overall, I wouldn’t make this bread again. The flavor is there but in the end I have had better lemon bread that I will make next time.
Lemon Raspberry Bread and Lemon Glaze
- 1 stick butter melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest finely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil & flour bread pans.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.
Who doesn’t love creamed butter and sugar, I mean seriously, leave a comment if you love or hate it!
- Add in eggs.
- Mix in buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
The batter is beautiful to mix and tastes delicious, but be careful because of the eggs!
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently fold raspberries into mixture.
If your raspberries are too soft they will semi-crush and cause the bread batter to be red.
- Evenly spoon into bread pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks and invert.
- Whisk powdered sugar into lemon and add more of each if necessary.
- Pour glaze over bread and serve.
How to store and serve lemon raspberry bread
Lemon raspberry bread is best served fresh, but it can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. If you want to extend its shelf life, you can freeze it for up to three months.
To serve, slice the bread and serve it with butter, cream cheese, or your favorite jam. If you’re feeling fancy, you can dust it with powdered sugar or serve it with a dollop of whipped cream.
Reviews of lemon raspberry bread and lemon glaze, based on customer satisfaction
- The lemon raspberry bread from the bakery is amazing! The bread is soft and fluffy, and the lemon glaze is the perfect finishing touch. The raspberry flavor is not too overwhelming, and the lemon flavor is just right. I highly recommend this bread to anyone who loves sweets!
- Lemon raspberry bread is one of the most popular items on the menu at the local bakery. The combination of tart lemon and sweet raspberry is a perfect balance, and the bread itself is light and fluffy. The lemon glaze is the perfect finishing touch.
- Based on customer satisfaction, the reviews of lemon raspberry bread and lemon glaze are extremely positive. The bread is soft and fluffy, and the glaze is the perfect finishing touch. The combination of sweet and tart is delicious, and the bread is perfect for any occasion.
- Lemon raspberry bread is a delicious and moist quick bread that is perfect for any occasion. The lemon glaze is the perfect finishing touch to this delicious bread. Customers have raved about the flavor and texture of this bread, and the lemon glaze is the perfect finishing touch.