Looking for a delicious vegan BBQ pulled seitan sandwich recipe? Check out our blog post for a simple and easy-to-follow recipe!
You read the title correctly. This is a recipe for Barbecued Pulled Seitan Sandwiches. No, not pulled pork, but pulled seitan. Can you really substitute meat? My DH would say no, although we have been eating seitan in different recipes for awhile now. But can you replace something like pulled pork? I mean come on…it is succulent pork we are talking about! Yes, we can…and it tastes just as delicious.
Delicious Rating: I think most wouldn’t know that this recipe had a meat substitute in it. Altogether, the sandwich comes together so well in this easy delicious recipe. Browning and adding some crispy edges to the seitan really gives it the “meaty” touch. But with the BBQ sauce and coleslaw, I doubt you are really thinking about what you are eating, you are just thinking about eating it because it smells and taste delicious! What is your favorite Seitan recipe?
BBQ Pulled Seitan Sandwich
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion minced
- 16 ounces Seitan cut thinly
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Barbecue Sauce
- 4 Buns
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in pan.
- Add in onion and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add in seitan and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Cover and cook for a 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to evenly brown.
- Add in Barbecue sauce and cook until heated through.
- Distribute evenly on toasted buns.
- Serve immediately.
FAQs about the BBQ Pulled Seitan Sandwich
1. What is a BBQ pulled seitan sandwich?
A BBQ pulled seitan sandwich is a sandwich made with seitan, a type of wheat gluten, that has been cooked in a BBQ sauce.
2. How is a BBQ pulled seitan sandwich made?
A BBQ pulled seitan sandwich is made by cooking seitan in a BBQ sauce. The seitan is then shredded and placed on a sandwich bun with additional BBQ sauce, onions, and pickles.
3. What are the benefits of eating a BBQ pulled seitan sandwich?
There are many benefits to eating a BBQ pulled seitan sandwich. Seitan is a high protein, low fat food that is also low in calories. It is also a good source of iron and vitamin B12. BBQ sauce is also a good source of antioxidants and has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
4. What are some tips for making a perfect BBQ pulled seitan sandwich?
Some tips for making a perfect BBQ pulled seitan sandwich include using a good quality seitan and BBQ sauce, cooking the seitan until it is nice and tender, and shredding the seitan before adding it to the sandwich bun.
Tips for making BBQ Pulled Seitan Sandwich
When it comes to BBQ, there’s no sandwich more classic than the pulled Seitan sandwich. Seitan is a delicious, plant-based protein that makes for the perfect base for a hearty BBQ sandwich. Here are some tips for making the perfect BBQ pulled Seitan sandwich:
– Start with a good, quality Seitan. Look for one that is high in protein and has a good texture.
– Cook the Seitan in a flavorful BBQ sauce. Be sure to use a sauce that is not too sweet or too spicy.
– Use a soft, fluffy bun for your sandwich. A good Brioche or Kaiser roll will do.
– Add some crunch to your sandwich with some chopped up veggies. Pickles, onions, and lettuce all work well.
– Serve your sandwich with a side of coleslaw or potato salad for the perfect summer BBQ meal.