Take your Japanese fried chicken game to the next level with this step-by-step guide on how to make KFC Fried Chicken
There is no medium when it comes to fried chicken, it is either good or it is bad. The skin has to be crispy, all the way around. It cannot be overly greasy and soggy at the bottom, yuck! The chicken needs to be juicy, not dried out. And of course, the seasoning needs to be on point, like seriously the bomb.
This fried chicken is like seriously the bomb. Perfectly crispy skin all around and super juicy meat inside. The seasonings are wonderfully tasty, especially since this is a copycat KFC fried chicken recipe. So if you are a KFC lover then this chicken is for you!
CookEatDelicious Rating: I think it tastes dead on to KFC’s original fried chicken recipe, maybe just a little bit better? Okay, all jokes aside, this is some good chicken. I love crispy skin and this definitely delivered. Also, the recipe is easy and you may have all the ingredients in your house right now. So fry up some KFC chicken at home at let me know how you think it rates up to the fast food chain!
Choose The Right Chicken
There’s no question that Kfc is one of the most popular fast food chains in the world. Their fried chicken is legendary, and it’s no wonder why – their recipe is simple but incredibly delicious. In this section, we will outline the steps that you need to take in order to master the art of making Kfc fried chicken.
- First, choose the right chicken for the recipe. While there are many different variations of Kfc fried chicken, each one requires a specific type of bird. For example, their Colonel Sanders Fried Chicken requires a white meat chicken that has been breaded and then deep-fried. Make sure to choose a bird that is compatible with your chosen recipe before beginning.
- Next, prepare your chicken by marinating it in seasonings. This will help to give your chicken a taste and smell that will be unique to your dish. Some common marinades include soy sauce, garlic powder, pepper flakes, and onion powder. Be sure to add enough seasoning so that the chicken retains its flavor while frying.
- Finally, cook your chicken in a hot and crispy coating before adding it to the deep fryer. This coating can be made from a variety of ingredients including flour, spices such as cayenne pepper or paprika, and salt. Be sure to heat up enough oil so that the coating crisps up quickly on your chicken while frying.
After frying your chicken according to instructions, it’s time to serve it up! Serve warm with condiments such as ketchup or honey mayonnaise on top for extra flavor and enjoyment!
KFC Fried Chicken
- 8 pieces chicken I used 3 legs, 3 thighs, 2 wings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag along with buttermilk.
- Allow to sit for two hours in the fridge, turning bag once.
- Add all dry ingredients into a separate ziploc bag.
- Shake off excess buttermilk off chicken and place in flour bag.
- Shake chicken well so that each piece is thoroughly coated with flour mixture.
- Add oil to heavy skillet or pot.
- The oil should be deep enough to cover half of the largest piece of chicken.
- Heat oil to 335 degrees F.
- Place chicken in hot oil, not overcrowding, maybe four pieces in first batch.
- Fry for eight minutes and turn over.
- Fry for an additional eight minutes.
- Place on a wire rack and serve.
Serve With Sides
First, we recommend using high mixed oil for frying – this will help to achieve the signature golden color and crispy texture that everyone loves. Next, select quality ingredients to marinade and coat your chicken. We recommend using herbs and spices rather than pre-made marinades because they are more versatile and allow for greater control over the final product. Lastly, understand how to create the perfect crispy texture by cooking your chicken at the correct temperature. By controlling the cooking temperature, you will be able to achieve a delicious and crispy piece of fried chicken every time!
To accompany your fried chicken, we recommend selecting sides that are both delicious and visually appealing. Our recommendations include homemade coleslaw or green beans with bacon dressing, mashed potatoes with gravy or garlic butter sauce, or a simple side salad with roasted vegetables or fruit salad as optional toppings. Finally, when serving your Fried Chicken dinner party masterpiece, always present it in an elegant way by taking extra care with presentation – use an attractive serving bowl or platter paired with matching napkins and silverware!
You may also like Japanese Style Chicken Fried Rice
FAQs about the KFC Fried Chicken
1. How is KFC’s fried chicken different from other fried chicken?
KFC’s fried chicken is different from other fried chicken because it is cooked in a pressure fryer. This gives the chicken a crispy skin and juicy meat.
2. How long does it take to cook KFC’s fried chicken?
KFC’s fried chicken takes about 10-12 minutes to cook.
3. What is the temperature of the oil used to fry KFC’s chicken?
The oil used to fry KFC’s chicken is kept at a temperature of about 190 degrees Celsius.
4. How often does KFC change the oil used to fry chicken?
KFC changes the oil used to fry chicken every day.