Get the perfect oatmeal peanut butter chip cookie with this easy to follow recipe.’
I have never really been addicted to cookies. Maybe the filling of Oreo Cookies, if that counts, but homemade baked cookies never really do it for me. I thought it would change when I tried the cookie dough of the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. It was super delicious, I couldn’t stop eating the dough until I remembered the raw eggs and that I had to have a certain amount for company. Anyways, baked ‘em up and no, just didn’t do it for me.
Delicious Rating: Super easy recipe to prepare the dough and bake, no special instructions. The cookies are good. Just because I wasn’t addicted to them doesn’t mean they weren’t tasty. My company that they were served to loved them. I added Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips but they didn’t stand out as much as I thought they would, neither did the oatmeal, perhaps both were at odds. Try using other chips like butterscotch, chocolate, or even a chocolate mint…yum!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks Butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups Oatmeal uncooked
- 11 oz pack of Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the butter and sugars in a large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and electric mix both together well.
- Add in oats and peanut butter chips and stir.
- Use about 1 tbspful of dough for each cookie.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 9 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Tips for making the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Making the perfect oatmeal peanut butter chip cookies requires a few key tips.
- First, be sure to use old-fashioned rolled oats for the best texture.
- Second, use a cookie scoop to ensure evenly-sized cookies.
- Third, use a good quality peanut butter for the filling – we recommend a natural, unsweetened variety.
- Finally, be sure to let the cookies cool completely before enjoying!
FAQs about the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
1. What are the ingredients in the cookies?
The cookies are made with oats, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
2. How many cookies are in a batch?
There are 48 cookies in a batch.
3. How long do the cookies stay fresh?
The cookies stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.
4. How should the cookies be stored?
The cookies should be stored in an airtight container.